Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Kopi Luwak


Luwak: Musang


Pre-process bean


Goreng, goreng, jangan tak goreng.


The bean after "digoreng"


They said the coffee will taste nicer by "tumbuk" rather then blend with blender or grinder.



Went to Bali last week, visited the coffee farm. Had long heard about Kopi Luwak, a coffee lover like me, how can I miss this change to visit the well known, so call rare and expensive Kopi Luwak?

Luwak is a kind of animal, can I say "MUSANG"? the Luwak will eat the coffee bean and then... erh.. you know lah, pang sai, the undigest coffee bean will be collected and to be process to be coffee powder, and then the "Kopi" drink.

For old time, people can only collect the "Buangan" Luwak from the jungle. This make it rare and expensive because the production is limited. However now a day, people can keep/rare the Luwak and feed the Luwak with coffee bean. They do not need to go in to the jungle anymore.

Had tried the Kopi Luwak, in the farm and in the mart. I just dont like it. Is it because the Luwak Kopi from farm does not taste as good as the wild Luwak? or is it the Luwak Kopi being over rated? I dont know, For me, it is just personal taste. I prefer our Kopi O...

No comments: