Thursday, October 9, 2008

Lotus Pose (Padmasana)

I have been practicing Yoga for almost two years. Ever since there, I like to sit in a cross leg position. Whenever sitting on a chair, even in the office or in the car (if I am not driving), my leg will automatically cross into a lotus pose. I know sitting cross leg especially in the office is really unpleasant looking, but then… I cannot help it! It is so comfortable. Ha ha ha…

What is lotus pose?

The Lotus Pose (Padmasana in Sanskrit) is one of the basic yoga postures; it requires us sitting crossing the legs while maintaining a straight back, it is also ideal for Meditation and concentration. Not everyone can do Padmasana; it requires open hips and consistent practice.

Below picture copied from internet, I do believe that a picture sometimes is better then thousand words.



This Yoga pose has a lot of benefits, it provide a relaxing effect, increase our awareness and attentiveness, it also stimulate our body parts and processes, keep our joints flexible, develop a good body posture.

No comments: