Sunday, January 24, 2010

Guppy



Started my aquarium with guppies couple months ago. I "heard" that guppies is easy to keep. 1st try failed because my guppies infested by "mouth and body fungus". It was kinda heart breaking seeing the fish died one by one.



Not giving up, had a second try. Still go with guppies. the second effort last for almost three months. And.... all my guppies died today. (Yesterday I had the water changed / not all, just about 50% of the water). Just over a night, all my guppies died. Another heart breaking experience.



I just realise, it's not so call "easy" to rear fish (generally) or guppies (specifically).



Browse from internet, I had learn that:
1. Change 25% water weekly and siphoning the debris out from the bottom of the tank.
2. Need to aware of the amonia content.
3. Temperature control.
4. Not too crowded for a tank. basically 6 fishes for a 10 gallon tank.
5. Is best to keep some live plants in the tank
6. Dont over feed the fish.
7. etc etc.etc... yet to learn.


A female guppy.


Another female guppy. We can differenftiate the male and female simply by the color and fin.


Look at the guppies, it is fasinatng, isn't?


Will have a break, and have another try.

No comments: