Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Yoga




When I was first introduced to yoga, the first impression of yoga to me was just another type of physical exercise that emphasized on stretching and flexibility.  Only people who are flexible can do yoga better.  However, when the time passed by, my perception changed.

I used to mimic instructor’s poses without further understanding. I also used to injure myself due to my lacking of understanding.  However when I practice more and more, I started to enjoy and appreciate the beauty of yoga.  Yoga had improved my health condition, also had corrected my bad posture.

When the journey goes on, I realised that yoga is not only exercise that giving impact to my physical self.  Throughout the practice, I started to have more awareness toward my body.  I learnt the word “be present”. With the breathing in-corporate into the asana, I started to feel calm and peace. Yoga increases my concentration, not only in the asana practice, but also can be applied in my daily life events. Yoga also helps me to handle stress better. There are still a lot more to be explored, including meditation and the philosophy of yoga. Seeking life “enlightenment”?

Yoga changed me, physically, mentally and emotionally.  The change taken place progressively without me realised it.  Yoga to me now is an art of living.  I am still on the journey to explore more on this art of living.

No comments: